Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Thursday, October 21, 2004

Sunflowerians Reunion

It had been ages since we all last met up, and I meant, all 6 of us - Tai Lou, FRG, Chino, Aneh and Nutty. We finally managed to do that tonight. ;) Nutty flew in from Bintulu for tomorrow's Sheffield gang trip (it's a yearly thing - this time's to Langkawi), and everyone else were from commitments tonight - work, family and the big wedding.

We had dinner at Dome, BSC. I was seated in the center, and when I looked at all 5 of them, I thought of the days we all had together. There I was, looking at a family man (apparently little G still loves the trolley toy we all bought for him on his 1st birthday! *grin*), a groom-to-be, a "taukeh", and the other 2 were paving their ways up the telco lines. Imagine, 4-6 years ago, we were all learning to be independent in a foreign country, yet dependable to each other. *Sighz*

I miss those days. I miss my "heng tais". Over the years, I've had various broken friendships merely due to distance, being taken for granted, or they just didn't work out at all. There was one point in life when I thought I had finally found my true and best friends, but that failed in the end. I'll write about this in a later post. I truly stopped believing in true friends since then, you know. But these people brought back the hope. They made me believe again that true friends do exists, with whom I can truly be myself. And they come in a package of 5 guyz. ;)

So, anyway, the big event's gonna be in less than 3 months time. We are all gonna rope in for this! We all know that Chino's gonna be a wonderful husband and father in the future. He has already done the unevitable by taking care of 5 'monkeys' for 2 whole years! *lol*

We ended the night when FRG gave each of us souvenirs he bought for us during his recent trip to Beijing. It was lovely to meet up with them once again. We would definitely meet up soon for the preparation for the big wedding! :)

And to the guyz going to Langkawi, may you all drink to your heart's content! Please remember not to eat too much before that, especially spaghetti and meatballs. I believe that you all still remember the drinking session in Crescent Flats particularly Flat 22, right? *lol*