Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Venting My Frustration...

Am currently listening to some worship songs as I'm typing away. The past few days had been mind exhausting, and I had often nearly been close to tears here at work. I don't know, I may not be a Christian, but somehow worship songs soothe me and I feel calm again.

I shall not dwell too much on the event, but I'll just summarize it. The issue was about getting a place of our own and we were just so eager to get it there and then. We were so close to placing the booking fees for it. Then came in the issues on the parents regarding the choice of property, the financial part and the commitment of being tied down to it for almost 30 years. Frustration and anger just kept building up, opinions flew left and right. We were just so torn into making a decision that satisfies everyone and hopefully not one that we would regret in the future. In the end, we did not get it..

It's frustrating when the things you really want but you can't afford, you have to rely on your parents and their decision becomes your decision. *Sighz* Looks like we shall have to wait until it's the right time to get a property then.

On the other hand, I think my frustration was obviously shown on my face while at work. I heard from a colleague that another colleague was very concerned that he prayed for me. It suddenly dawned on me that there are people who cares for me and actually took the time to ask God to be there for me, despite being clueless about what I was going through. I feel blessed.

To my colleagues, thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. :)