Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve and despite being in a Christian company, they're not letting us off early today. :( Oh well.. Am blasting Billy Gilman's "Jingle Bells Rock" now. I don't care if anyone's gonna be mad about it! It's Christmas Eve!!

I've always loved Christmas rather than CNY. CNYs are mainly "dong dong chang" and there's always the expectations of giving angpaus, exchanging oranges and all. No doubt, I'm not exactly a Christian. But somehow there's something melancholy about Christmas - the Christmas tree, carols, bright lights and cottony snow. Even the songs are sentimental. No expectations whatsoever, but merely the companionship of family and friends. I miss the days when I used to attend Sunday School, and we would go around the nearby housing area singing carols while holding lit candles.. That was, what, almost 15 years ago.

My family is definitely not Christians, but we do put up Christmas trees every year and decorate it with colourful ornaments, bells and candy sticks. Plus, our tree is the fibre optic one which looks like this, well, not exactly la, something like that. I would try to buy them Christmas gifts and we would go for Christmas dinners, just the 4 of us.

This year's Christmas, I got to dress up as Santa Rina for my company's Annual cum Christmas Dinner. It was fun "Ho ho ho"-ing at my colleagues and distributing gifts with another colleague, Santa Hippo. Although we were all required to bring a gift worth at least 10 bux, it was nice to see their excited eyes as they select their gifts. Yeah, I let them choose their own gifts (they suka big one, then take the big one lor). We played games, sang carols, performed a comedy skit and had lucky draw. I hope everyone had fun there.

As for my family, Sis' bf, Vainpot is down from Hong Kong for a short visit. This year, it's gonna be the 6 of us having our Christmad dinner in KL Tower. Hopefully the sky is clear tomorrow night and we'll get to see some fireworks. :)

"And so I'm offering this simple phrase
For kids from one to ninety-two
Although it's been said, many times, many ways
Merry Christmas to you".

Here's wishing you a marvellicious Christmas and may you have a much blessed one, surrounded with loads of love, joy and don't forget this, as I quote Sir Cliff Richard, that Christmas is "a time for giving, a time for getting, a time for forgiving, and for forgetting".

Merry Christmas. *Hugz*