Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Sunday, December 12, 2004

AMF Final Day

It was a lovely weather at Sepang today. Bright and sunny. That my whole face, neck and hands were flushed red and itchy. But on a happier note, I brought my camera! Yippieeeeeeeee!!

Player & Freckles joined us today. We got a much wider range of cars to look at for the Metal Modders ShowOff. I particularly like this BMW. Apparently the owner is one of Aneh's friend's bf. According to Aneh, on top of the full specs of the BMW, the owner spent an additional RM 70k just on the modifications. I don't know what did he do (did I mention I'm lousy at cars?), but it's simple and nice and still as classy.

BMW
BMW

We saw the 1/10th Radio Control Car Championship as well for both the electric and the gas categories. My goodness.. I was quite fascinated with it. I couldn't even properly control my Audly Mini Cooper RC that goes like, 10 miles/hour, and the RC cars I saw there were speeding like a jet! No photos were taken for this though..

Next up was the SuperCar Display at the Pit Area. Oh wow.. Damn a lot of 'cun' cars. And since I'm very illiterate on cars, someone kindly please tell me the full model name of the ones below? Anyway, here were some of the nice cars we took..

Ferrari
Ferrari

Lamborghini Murcielago
Lamborghini Murcielago

Zonda
Zonda, that was used to drive audience with special passes to get a feel of it

There were many more like Lotus, Bentley, Maserati, Porsche, etc. There were other car booth exhibitions like Hyundai, BMW, Nissan, Mazda, etc. I think this one below is a Satria?

Proton Satria?
I like the dragon look

Managed to watch the SuperCar Sunday Time Trials at the circuit.. Just a glimpse (from where I sat) of the cars that were lining up for the Time Trials..

Ferraris?
A couple of Ferraris?

And of course, how could I ever miss taking at least a photo of the "power bomb" models?? Here's one of it. Sorry lar, I sat at the opposite side of the pitlane, so the pic's a bit small to see..

Power Bombs
Guyz drooling over them. Hehe..

Before we left, we stayed for the Babe of the Hour Search. That particular hour, there were about 5 girls from the audience. I figured that the crowd would have voted for the absolutely well-endowed girl (suprise, suprise, she is only 16!), but they gave the loudest cheer to another girl who was just clueless and was doing the "Sunday morning walk" (or that's what I thought the emcees described). Justice was done! *smile*

And then we left. 32 bux well worth spent (despite the sunburn!), considering that there's no way I can ever have the $ to get such cars, so being able to see them right in front of my face is my best alternative. ;) In the meantime, I've got to go nurse my aching legs and toes..