Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Friday, August 06, 2004

Happy Birthday, Inspector!

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to Inspector, Happy Birthday to you!!

I've been 'irritating' him with this song the whole day. Hehe.. We both took leave today and went to 1U to watch Catwoman. Not very interesting movie though, despite Halle Berry and her sexy leather outfit. Then we went to Times Square later in the afternoon. We were to meet up with Chef, Player and their gfs for karaoke + buffet dinner at Neway. So we walked around before that. Had hot dogs from DQ Orange Juice and 1901, and oh, even scouted around for a thick cardigan for myself coz Inspector said that it's freezing cold in Neway. In the end, I bought a dark blue Mickey Mouse fleece from Winter Time. Hehe.. At least I can use it in the office, since the room is practically like an ice box!

Then we headed for Neway. The buffet dinner was considerably ok, just that we spent most of the time selecting songs and having fun, so we didn't really gobble a lot. Everyone had fun, I guess and I hope! Especially when we sang the Birthday song to Inspector. Chef and Player sang the Chinese version - something about "may you change car every year, may you change house every year, pay loans until you die". *lol* Despite the song selections are mostly Chinese ones, I don't mind going there again. The next time, I'm gonna eat a lot! The pasta salad's not bad actually. Yum yum!

By about 11pm, Inspector and I left to meet up with 2 of his colleagues at Wow Wow Cafe in Plaza Damas. It's exactly the same one in New Taman Sea. Except that I preferred the atmosphere in Plaza Damas, coz it's more of an open-aired concept. The one in NTS is dark and gloomy. And I liked the way the singers did their song renditions in acoustic guitar style. It made me feel very relaxed listening to them sing and strum the guitar. And of course, the song requests like "Hoi Fut Tin Hong", "Kau Ilhamku" and "Wonderful Tonight" helped just as much. Had a very good time there.

Hopefully Inspector had a great 25th birthday. Quarter-of-a-century old.. And I'm gonna be in that category in less than 4 months time. *Gasp* Anyway, happy birthday, dear!! *Muakz*