Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Time Flies

Can't believe it's been 3 weeks since Yeh Yeh passed away. It felt as if he left us last night. Have already applied 2 days of annual leave in early September to go back to Dad's hometown for Yeh Yeh's 49th day prayers. Every now and then whenever I hear Teresa Teng's song "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" ("The Moon Represents My Heart"), it reminds me of Yeh Yeh's death, coz the band was playing that song during the funeral procession. I think the song will forever remind me of Yeh Yeh.

You know, I keep thinking that whenever I would go back to Dad's hometown, I would see him sitting on his favourite wooden chair by the wooden table, waiting for us to arrive. Or he would come back from his daily morning trip to his favourite coffeeshop. He would ask about my studies (when I was still studying) and I would tell him how I fared in my exams, he would be so proud. He would give me some pocket money to study harder and become a doctor. I used to tell him that I would become a doctor one day so that, whenever he fall sick, I would treat him for free, I could take care of him. I ended up as an Engineer instead. But he was still proud of me coz apparently I was the first and only engineer in the family tree. ;)

I still miss him a lot. My grandparents would always want to come up to KL, to see how were we doing, to see our house and all. Now that Nai Nai's all alone, we're hoping to drive her up to KL for a week's stay or something, somewhere in the near future after the 100 days mourning period. I'm looking forward to having her in the house. ;)