Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Friday, July 11, 2003

Yeh Yeh

Got a call from Dad while at work an hour ago. He & Mum were on their way back to his hometown. Yeh Yeh is very, very sick.

They don't know how long they will be there. I didn't know what to do. I called a cousin brother to ask about Yeh Yeh's condition. According to his mum (Dad's 3rd sister, I call her "Sam Ku"), Yeh Yeh had an asthma attack late last night. He had a fall too. My relatives admitted him into the local hospital this morning. My cousin brother will keep me informed. If Yeh Yeh's condition becomes worse, I will follow him back.

I'm worried coz I don't know how is Yeh Yeh now. I don't know how serious is his condition. I'm worried coz he's already 93 years old. He's been falling sick frequently the past 1 year and he's been admitted into the hospital a number of times. I'm worried that he's really failing to the extent of.. Of.. I don't think I can say that word out loud.. I just hope my worst fears won't come true.. Not yet.. Not now.. I'm not ready to accept that fact yet..