Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Saturday, May 29, 2004

Congrats, Sha!

Just got back from Sha's Malay wedding lunch reception at her house. Going back to history, we were classmates throughout primary schooldays since Std 1. At one point of time, somewhere around Std 4, I started hanging out with her and these 2 other Malay girls. Eventually we became very close friends. I even skipped recess to 'puasa' with her during the fasting period. ;)

After we left school, our friendship somehow drifted apart. Only once in a blue moon would I pick up the phone, call her and catch up with each other's lives. Until few weeks ago, she asked for my home address, to send me an invitation card to her wedding.

So there I was this afternoon, witnessing her biggest day in her life. Frankly speaking, I felt slightly awkward there. I was probably the only Chinese around and I knew no one there. But as soon as I saw Sha, and I saw her smile, I felt honoured. The person I embraced with was my very close buddy. Someone I knew for 19 years now but have not met for almost 13 years. Someone who's now stepping into the married stage in life. For that, I felt truly honoured. Honoured to be still remembered and to still play a part in her life. I will never forget that moment.

To my dear Sha, semoga bahagia selalu. *Hugz*