Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Rest In Peace, Yee Poh

Yee Poh passed away in the evening. She lost her battle against cancer..

She was Butterfly Poh Poh's half-sister. Uhm.. Butterfly Poh Poh was my maternal grandmother, but she passed away when she was in her late 30s, I think when Mum was about 14 or so. So I've never met her except in the pictures. We refer her as Butterfly coz it was believed that the few days after her passing, she came back as a butterfly. Something like that.. But yeah, Yee Poh was technically my grandauntie. In Cantonese it's "2nd grandmother".

Sighz.. Can't believe it.. 2 deaths in my family barely 2 weeks apart.. The other one was an uncle, one of Dad's brother-in-law, 2 Saturdays ago. We were close to Yee Poh and her family. The last I saw her was when we visited her during the last CNY. She was still lively and all, but we never knew that she had been suffering from cancer for about a year, until we were recently informed about her condition. Mum visited her on Monday. Yee Poh was still talking and all, even told Mum in Cantonese, "Go back lar, go back lar. It's late already".

I don't know what else to write now. My mind's just so... So numb.. I don't take news of people's deaths easily, what's more, family members'.. All I can pray now is that may Yee Poh rest in peace and may she be reunited with Butterfly Poh Poh and my maternal Grandfather..

Would also like to convey my condolences to Der Der for the recent loss of his grandfather..