Memory.. Little threads that hold life's patches of meaning together. ~ Mark Twain


Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Pendulum Divination

Do you believe in predictions of your life's future events? Have you been through fortune telling, tarot card readings, crystal balls, or perhaps Ouija boards? Do you believe in what they tell you? Or do you think that the reader is just making things up?

Dad is a tarot card reader. He keeps his deck of cards in a nice box, covered with a red cloth, together with the book (still in a very mint condition) in a drawer. I've read the book before, even tried out one of the tarot readings using a deck of gambling cards, which reads about my past, present and future. I'm not a very good reader, but the reading seemed true. Should have noted down the future readings, then I could see if it was really true or not.

But what I believe in is "pendulum divination". It's just using a silver ring suspended from a silver chain, hold it with your right hand, and let the ring hang motionless above your left palm. Ask a question, and you'll see the ring starts to swing side-ways or circularly, which means "Yes" or "No". Or it could remain motionless which means "Uncertain". From stationary to swinging by itself, how can this be? But it does! A classmate back in high school taught me that where we were just basically asking for fun about how many children we would get and whether they would be boys or girls. I was to have 3 children - first 2 are boys, third is a girl. That was in 1995. I tried it again a few occasions years after that and I still got the same answer. Mere coincidence? Tried it yesterday and I got the same answer too. Scary, huh?

I was still unsure about where it really works, so I started asking general questions about myself to see which directions it sways to for "Yes" and "No". My pendulum sways circularly for "Yes", and side-ways for "No". What I asked were :

"Is my name xxx?" - yes (correct)
"Am I turning 24 this month?" - yes (correct)
"Is my name $^%&%*^?" - no (correct)
"Do I work in ***?" - yes (correct)
"Was I born in January?" - no (correct)

Then I asked questions about my future, and every now and then, I would ask again the same questions above to double check. They were all correct! Well, except that I don't know whether the answers to the questions I asked about the future will come true or not, but I'll give it the benefit of a doubt for now.

I told Moorish and Sue about this, and Moorish asked if I could 'ask' the pendulum whether she should get a dive computer. So during lunch break, I 'asked' the pendulum these :

"Do I have a friend named Moorish?" - yes (correct)
"Is she 24 this year?" - yes (correct)
"Should Moorish buy a dive computer?" - no answer
"Was she born in January?" - no (correct)
"Should Moorish buy a dive computer?" - no answer again
"Was she born in August?" - yes (correct)

Tonight I will 'ask' again, this time giving the specific model name and price and all, see what answer it will give me.

Did some net surfing about this, and I found a lot of sites which claim that it works, especially for dowsing (locating missing things or people). I wouldn't say that I will very much depend on or hold on to the answers I get. If it's true, then it's true. If it's not, then too bad la. One way or another, it's still cool, eh?